The Springboard Programme was started in Connect San Diego and has spread around the World with different structures, but the common objective is to help entrepreneurs become investment ready – then take them to the next step of actually funding the business. Connect London has devised their own Springboard Programme to try to capture the best schemes in Global Connect.
- Join Connect London Business Club (CLBC)
- Connect Resource Manager – introduce members to other Connect members, partners, sponsors. Review for entry in the Springboard programme.
- Mentor allocated (3 – 8 weeks) from Connect London Champions –to help entrepreneurs through the Springboard programme and prepare for post springboard follow up.
- Series of Seminars delivered by strategic partners and sponsors:
PR and Communications
Market and Product Development
Human Resources – incentivizing your team
Accountancy – Financials for the Business Plan
Banks – Debt and Asset Finance
Public Sector Support Initiatives (BLL)
Funding Mix – What is the optimum mix and timetable?
- Pitch and presentation training and support
- Presentation to Springboard panel.
- Feedback to/from Connect resource manager. Next Steps?
Possible next steps
- Continued mentoring and/or interim management from Connect London Champions
- Funding Consultancy – separate contract
- Knowledge Angels/Equity Support from CLIS (Connect London Investment and Services)
- Referrals to other partners/initiatives/innovation centres
Method of application
Members of CLBC will be given more details of the Springboard programme and invited to join when approved by the resources brokerage manager in a triage meeting.